Are you making a list and checking it twice? Hope it’s the list of possible financial strategies you can employ prior to December 31, 2019 in order to improve your tax filing results come April 15, 2020. The following is a list of eight options you may want to consider before the close of 2019:
1. Donate appreciated securities or asset.
2. Establish a Donor Advised Funds (DAF)
3. Donate your Required Minimum Distributions (RMD)
4. Set up a 529 savings Plan
5. Bundle charitable donations
6. Save in a retirement account (401K), IRA, Roth IRA
7. Start an SEP or Solo 401K for self employed individuals
NOTICE : For further advice on these and other options, please consult your tax preparer or professional for advice. This list is not exhaustive and is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal or financial advice.